KINDERGARTEN (3 – 6 years old)
The Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum focuses on providing a creative and caring environment fostering a ‘play to learn’ atmosphere. Through an infusion of games and play with a focus on developing Islamic awareness early in their childhood, the children develop a positive approach to their external environment.
Subjects taught in the Kindergarten Curriculum are a combination of the EYFS curriculum and the International Islamic modules.
- Quran – Iqra’, Quran Memorisation, Tajweed.
- Arabic Language.
- Islamic Studies – Wudhu & Salah, Stories from the Quran, Stories of the Prophets, Moral Values.
- SSI Character Development Programme.
- Mathematics – Numbers, Shapes, Space & Measure, Counting, Time & Date, Seasons.
- Literacy – Phonics & Reading, Writing, Communicative Speaking.
- Knowledge & Understanding of the World – People and Communities, The World, Technology.
- Expressive Arts and Design – Exploring and using media and materials, being imaginative, creative modelling through 2D & 3D.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development – Making relationships, Self confidence and Self awareness, Managing feelings and behaviour.
- Communication and Language – Listening and attention, Speaking, Engaging conversation through Understanding.
- Physical Development – Moving and handling, Health & Hygiene, Self-care, Keep-Fit, Fine & Gross Motor Skills.